Thursday, June 19, 2008

GREAT visit!

I'm 30 weeks! Wow! I can hardly believe that there are only 10 weeks left until my due date! I had an appointment for a routine check-up with a doctor I hadn't met before, Dr. Kimberlin. This was my first "regular" appointment in Maternal/Fetal medicine (the high-risk pregnancy docs). These doctors will be taking care of me from now on. Dr. Kimberlin was SUPER nice! I really liked her. She gave me a "Welcome Packet" with information about UAB hospital and some other stuff. She also discussed my history and stuff. This Maternal/Fetal medicine group of docs that I will see now include 10 doctors!! Now I have met 3 of them (Kimberlin, Owen and Davis).

I had a few questions today about delivery, since I know I'll be delivering Emma Kate @ UAB hospital. Basically, they want to let me stay pregnant until EK is ready to get here on her own. NO induction unless absolutely necessary. They want her to be as big and healthy as possible so she can be stable for all the action that will happen after she's born. I know she'll need every ounce and pound she gains! (I am taking advantage of this, by the way. I ate a whole pack of Oreos in 5 days!!)

One thing I need to put on my priorities list is to get a sibling tour of the hospital so Anna Brooke will be slightly more familiar with the floor when we go to have EK! And if she has the photographic memory that Brooks believes she does, she'll definitely remember. That child remembers everything! Oh, and one other cool thing I found out is that when patients deliver at UAB, they get either a free stroller/car seat combo or a Medela breast pump! SCORE! So I signed up for a breast pump since we've got the other stuff already. I was so excited about that!

Next week we go talk to Dr. Colvin about our little one's heart some more. Hopefully we'll get some answers on the aorta situation. Thanks for all the continued prayers. :)

3 comments:

  1. God is definitely answering prayers for Emma Kate. He is so Faithful and the Great Healer...GREAT idea to schedule a sibling tour of the hospital! The more you talk to Anna Brooke and include her in this process, the better for her, no matter how much of it she remembers. Love you all,
    nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I just found out 4 weeks ago that my litle girl has HLHS ( im 24 weeks pregnant).

    And it gives me string to see how your coping whit all of this.

    I would be gratefull if you could e-mail me and we could "talk"

    My e-mail address is frida.bjork.arnardottir@reykjavik.is

    Best regards
    Fríða

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did the sibling tour and it was good for Caden to see the rooms I will be in. He keeps talking about it! We are still praying for all of you and know that God will work out all of the little details. Let us know if we can help in any way! We love reading the updates.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD