Thursday, December 11, 2008

A little about our day

Well, we are home! Today was a long day, especially for Emma Kate. We are glad to be done with it! But I couldn't have asked for it to go better than it did. Emma Kate and I got to admitting a UAB hospital a little after 6 this morning. There were a lot of little old ladies in the waiting room who were ooohh-ing and aaahh-ing over her. She was wide awake and very happy. She loves the attention. She had such a great morning, despite being hungry, poor thing. She had her last bottle at 3:30am. She didn't start really getting fussy until about 10am. We expected to have her in the cath lab well before 10, but there was an emergency procedure that had to be done. So around 11, I got to walk EK down to the lab with one of the hospital staff. He was great with her! He had her smiling when he took her behind the doors and that made me happy. I went and got some cafeteria food and came back to the room. About 90 minutes later, Dr. Law called and basically said everything went perfectly! What a relief!

Thank you, God, for our little blessing, Emma Kate! Thank You for sending Your angels to watch over her and keep her safe! Thank you for her doctors and nurses that have taken such great care of her. We are truly grateful! We are so thankful to all of you who have been keeping us in your prayers and thoughts! They are truly what is carrying us through all of this!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that everything went well! I was praying for you all yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Emma Kate was able to go home last night, and that her procedure went well. I pray that the surgeon in Atlanta is pleased with what he sees, and that he is able to schedule the next surgery soon. I also pray that we are all able to visit each other soon! I miss you guys!
    love,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD