Friday, April 17, 2009

The Latest

Today we had a visit from our home nurse for Emma Kate's last Synagis injection of the season. Thank God for insurance, because according to our ins. company, these shots cost about 1700 bucks a pop! But they are worth it since EK has not gotten sick once! Apparently RSV has been pretty rampant and stubborn this season. We are so thankful that EK is healthy! Emma Kate was weighed, and I was pleased to see that she had gained! She weighs an even 13 pounds! Such a big girl! I'm so proud of her.


Emma Kate's first Easter was so fun! We had a blast visiting family, many of which were meeting our sweet girl for the first time. Sadly, I do not have many pictures of her, she was slightly cranky and slept through most of the fun. Here are just a few...


Eating rice cereal at Aunt Teri & Mamaw's on Friday.
Two beauties! Emma Katie with her little 3 month old cousin, Alyssa.
Emma Kate & cousin Jackson. She is older by exactly one week.
And no, this is not from Easter. But it was so cute, I had to put it up!
I am so glad that she has not one, but TWO cousins so close to her age! It's gonna be fun growing up with them!

6 comments:

  1. I'm just in love with Emma Kate!!! She is just so precious. Yay for weight gain, too! Maddie also has cousins her age which is wonderful :) And our pictures are similar...Maddie is quite petite compared to her cousins. I always look extra close at their chests too...weird, I know. I guess I'm so used to her scar that now when I don't see one on babies her age, it catches my attention! Have a wonderful weekend with those girls :)
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so proud of Emma Kate!! She's such a strong sweet baby. i'm so excited for play dates this summer with emma kate and Jackson. it will be so fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new blog header. So cute! It looks like she is doing great. We are so thankful for insurance as well. Mag's got synagis this year as well and it cost even more because her doses are so much bigger. Thankfully, she has stayed very healthy thru all of the yucky bugs. Love the new pics and glad you're all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does she get prettier with every post!?!? Love all the pictures and LOVE the new blog design. Too cute and that header is GORGEOUS!

    Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for hitting 13 pounds!!! I am so glad that she has been healthy! I guess I believe you, but I really can't imagine this precious baby being cranky!!! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being one of those family members meeting Emma Kate for the 1st time was a true miracle! What a celebration of life for Easter weekend! And holding a miracle in my own two hands, and next to my own heart was incredible! We look forward to many more visits ... and EK wasn't cranky ... she was just proving how human she is! :) Love to you ALL! Aunt Teri and Mamaw

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD