Friday, June 19, 2009

10 Months Old Today!

Precious Emma Kate,


I am so grateful for the last ten months we have spent with you. You have grown so much in the past month! Already you are starting to crawl. You do the army-man thing, where you pull yourself across the floor with one arm to reach a toy that you want (or the TV remote!) You are also pulling up onto your knees when you hold onto something, like the couch. You are making great leaps with your physical development and I am so proud! Miss D, your physical therapist is so impressed with the strides you've taken since she first met you.
Based on my own calculations (aka our home scale), you weigh right around fifteen pounds. I attribute your weight gain to all the new foods you've been eating. You love Cheerios, peach Puffs, shredded cheese, applesauce, peaches, bananas and baby cereals. You don't really like any veggies except for sweet potatoes. We'll work on that. At this point, you are eating and drinking more that you ever have in your entire life! You love to drink water and have learned that you can blow bubbles. You don't like a sippy cup, you'd prefer to drink out of a regular plastic cup and have Mommy hold it.
You have the most precious little "silly face" where you scrunch up your nose and mouth and making a little funny breathing noise--it is so funny! You have learned to say "bye-bye" (but it sounds like ba-ba) and wave goodbye, too. You can also say "da-da" and "ah-buh." (I think you are saying Anna Brooke, but maybe it is my imagination).

I treasure each and every day with you. You make me, Daddy and your big sister laugh so much. You bring our family an enormous amount of joy! We are so very grateful for your life and we will never, ever take you for granted. Happy 10 month birthday, Emma Kate, my little blessing. I love you, my sweet girl!

Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Happy 10 month b'day, Emma Kate! We are SO proud of you and we love you so much! Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your GREAT-Aunt Teri loves you, too! I am so blessed to be a great-aunt to such precious angel babies! EK is NO exception! I love that baby girl! Happy 10 months!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD