Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Party Time!


Emma Kate's birthday was awesome! Thank you for all the sweet comments and birthday wishes! Here are some pictures from her special day and from her birthday party!
These were taken on her actual birthday.

Can you tell she enjoyed her cupcake? It was her first time eating chocolate. Or cake for that matter.
We had a joint birthday party with my sister Erin, her husband Josh and our little nephew, Jackson. (His birthday is today). Since their birthdays are only one week apart, we thought it would be fun to celebrate together. And it was--I have proof!





Enough already!! I need my cake!

I'll take that, thank you!

Check out the hair.

Sweet birthday girl.

(I really wish Jackson's eyes weren't closed in this one.)

Erin took this one. Emma Kate was seriously digging into her ear with her thumb. I ended up getting pink frosting out like 3 days later.

So thirsty!

4 comments:

  1. The photos are fabulous. I love her expression in that second one! Happy Birthday, EK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome day and how exciting to have a dual 1st birthday party! It's so amazing to see how great EK is doing. It gives me so much hope for our son's future! I hope and pray we'll be celebrating his 1st birthday next October!

    God bless your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! I love all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I found your page through browsing heart moms. My son has the same exact heart as your little Emma Kate. He had his BT shunt at 2m of Sept of last year and then the Glenn in Feb 2009. His birthday is July 24 2007. SO he is almost a month older then Emma. Do you live in Georgia? I live in Grovetown which is a small town in Augusta. Collin also had his surgery at Egleston. Aren't they the best? I think Dr. Kirkbauhm looked over Collin but was not his surgeon. Dr Kanter was his surgeon. So glad to see your little one is doing well. What milestones has Emma Kate met? Collin is army crawling and sits up very well. He gets Physical therapy once a week and we are working on bearing weight on his legs. Anyways...would love to talk some time. email me at tara.lea.gibson@gmail.com

    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD