Monday, September 22, 2008

Beautiful

Today is the one month anniversary of Emma Kate's Norwood. I had been debating whether I should put up these pictures, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to share them. I know that they might be hard to look at, but this is part of who Emma Kate is, part of her story, and she should be proud of the fight she has fought! She is so beautiful and I want to share just how beautiful she is.
This was taken right before she was taken to the OR on August 22. Needless to say, it was a very emotional moment and a very hard day.
After she came back from surgery. It was hard to see our baby like this, especially since she looked so healthy that morning. She is healthier here than she is in the above picture.
After her bath two nights ago. Her incision has healed very well!

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you shared these. They make me so proud of Emma Kate AND her amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bethany! It's hard to believe it was an entire month ago! You're so right. Emma Kate is very, very beautiful and I know she will be proud of the fight she is winning every day because of your family's focus. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos. We love you all so much, Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is still in my prayers. I hope you have peace today. Love, Melia

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have taken pictures of Abby every step of the way so we can share them with her to show her just how amazing she is. Abby's scar is barely even noticeable now!

    Enjoy being home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it has been a month! I miss you guys so much and wish that I could hold Emma Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your family. I am extremely happy that Emma Kate is doing well. I love you and am praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh!!!!! She is so beautiful! I am glad that she is doing well! You' all are in my prayers...

    Heather Anderson (Austin's mom)

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD