Monday, September 22, 2008

One Month Old

Emma Kate, you turned one month old on September 19! I cannot believe it! This month has seemed very long in some ways and very, very short in others. We are so glad that you are home with us and doing well. At one month old you love to sleep, of course, like most newborns. You are a great sleeper! You sleep through the night, which Mommy loves. You are still getting your nutrition thought your NG tube, but I am beginning to nurse you, and you love that much more than the bottle we had been trying. You are still learning how to suck, since you did not have to do so for such a long time. Nursing will take time, but I am confident that you will do well. Other things you love: the Boppy! You sleep the minute we put you down on it. (Even though the warning label says not to let a baby sleep on it! Yikes!) You also love the swing and love looking at the little mobile that plays music above you. Baths are a favorite of yours, too. You love to have your hair washed and to get all clean. Your big sister loves to hold you and when you cry, she comes right over to comfort you to say "Sshh, baby. Its ok." She loves you very much. We all love you very much, you sweet little miracle. Happy one month birthday!

2 comments:

  1. EK could not have a sweeter little face! I know you are enjoying being home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures, I know I keep saying that, but I do! Feel free to email me more!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD