Friday, September 12, 2008

Life in the Hospital

We have been home for exactly one week today! The week has flown by and I don't think I've ever been more sleep deprived in my entire life. But I am very happy! I plan to update this as much as possible, but the posts may be few and far between. Emma Kate's feeding schedule is crazy, and that is what is keeping us busy the most. She came home on the NG (nasogastric) tube and does hour and a half feeds every three hours around the clock! Needless to say, we don't get much rest and we're constantly busy! I had a few minutes and wanted to update while I had some time. Here are some pictures of what life was like in the hospital the past several weeks.

This is right before I delivered Emma Kate @ UAB Hospital. We were very excited!

Just one minute old!
Here is Emma Kate after being taken down to NICU.
Mommy visiting Emma Kate.

Anna Brooke meeting Emma Kate for the first time.

These next two were taken the night before EK's surgery.
We spent most of our time right next to her bed!

This was the morning of EK's surgery. I cannot describe the way I felt in words. It was just very emotional.
The day after surgery. It was really hard to see her like this.
Three days after surgery EK was extubated! We were thrilled! She looked like a different baby! So, so, so beautiful!
We were disappointed when we came in a few days later and there was a huge IV in her head! Poor baby!
In step-down. SO much better! EK wasn't hooked up to nearly as many leads, wires and tubes. Much easier to hold her, too. She looks so peaceful here.

3 comments:

  1. Bethany, wow, you guys are all so beautiful! What wonderful parents being strong for your sweet little girl, having to watch her endure all of this. She's such a fighter, and so precious, even with tubes and all! Thanks for sharing these pics with us, I love being on this journey with ya'll!! If you need me at all to listen or cry with you or whatever, I am here (well, on the phone or online :), OK? I love you so much!!!
    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany I am so happy to hear that Emma Kate is doing well. What a fighter!! I will continue to pray for you and your family that Emma Kate's recovery continues to go smoothly and also that God continue to provide you and hubby enough sleep to be constantly replenished. Take care honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those pictures really tell a story. She is so precious.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD