Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Surgery Plan

This morning I got a call from our surgical coordinator, Tracy, asking if we could move the surgery date up. Apparently there are a few babies who will not be ready for their surgery until later in the week. Since Emma Kate is ready to go, they wanted to know if we could be there earlier. There is no medical reason why her surgery is being moved, just so you know. Her new surgery date is Wednesday, January 21st!

We will be heading over to Atlanta a couple days before hand so that we can get everything situated. Her pre-op is scheduled for Tuesday. I will try updating here as often as possible once we get there. Thank you for continuing to pray for Emma Kate!

3 comments:

  1. I am thinking about you Bethany!! Keep us posted honey; give Emma Kate sweet kisses from all of us in Kansas...we are praying for her!!

    jenifriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are definitely praying for sweet Emma Kate! We'll be looking for updates next week... and especially praying for all of you on Wednesday, Jan. 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found us through Gracie's blog! When Mary Clare was going through that tough first year, what kept me going was knowing and watching other HLHS babies going strong and doing well! (I love seeing older HLHSers, especially!) I will certainly be praying for sweet Emma Kate and your family this week! For us, the Glenn was a completely different experience than the Norwood. You can and will get through this! Emma Kate is so beautiful and I know she'll be up and charming everyone in no time! Please email me if you need anything at all. Questions, tears, venting...etc..I know how hard it can be! I will certainly be checking in soon! Love and prayers to you!
    Kerri Pennington
    penningtongirls@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD