Monday, January 25, 2010

A little over one year ago, Emma Kate had her Glenn. Little did we know, she would be spending a long stretch in the hospital. I wish I could go back and tell myself that. I think I expected her to be in and out after surgery. I also wish I could tell myself that in the end, she would do great!


Just reflecting today, I am so thankful for Emma Kate. She is such a blessing. I am also so grateful for the wonderful people who have taken care of her: her cardiologists, nurses and especially Dr. Paul Kirshbom, her surgeon. Mostly, I am so thankful to God, who has performed numerous miracles in Emma Kate's life.

4 comments:

  1. Aww! She's getting so big! And more adorable with every picture. :) I'm glad she's doing well and I love your new layout!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new blog layout! It looks fantastic! Also, I'm not sure I want to hear it, but what was the story with EK's Glenn? We know NOT to expect to be in for only a week or so with Chase's Glenn this Spring (in fact we're probably going to plan for another 2-3 months like we did with the Norwood!), but I'm curious how things went for little Emma Kate. If you have it posted out here somewhere, just point me to it and I'll check it out. Getting very interested in Glenn stories these days, of course!

    Thank the Lord for the blessings of our precious heart babies!!!!!

    Take care!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's been a year already. Boy, time flies when you're not living in the PCICU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable!!! What beautiful eyes :) Love the new look for your blog too...very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD