Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tears in My Eyes

Its not often I can find a hopeful story about an adult with HLHS. If you are a heart parent or grandparent you should hop over to the blog Inspiring Hearts, which is written by an adult CHD survivor who interviews other adults with various CHDs. I just read the interview with Jeni a twenty-four year old with HLHS! Not only has she survived into her twenties, she is still living with her own heart, and has not had a transplant.  I was very moved by reading her story.

I often wonder what Emma Kate's future holds, but reading about someone who was diagnosed and had surgery over twenty years ago, when this technology was emerging, gives me so much hope. Emma Kate and all her heart friends have technology on their side. There is much more research now than there was twenty years ago on these rare heart defects.

Today I have so much hope. Thank you, Jeni.

2 comments:

  1. We know Jeni. We met her at a California Heart Connection event when I was pregnant with Cali. She is a great girl! I am happy that her story has given you hope for sweet little Emma Kate! May God bless her throughout her life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is surely inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Love you girlie

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD