Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Home

Two weeks ago today, at this exact moment, Emma Kate was in the operating room.

Today we are home and I can hear her upstairs playing with her sister and brother.

Life is beginning to get back to normal. Of course, there are still a few things that aren't exactly "normal" in our routine. Emma Kate is on about 10 medications right now and will be for the next few weeks, I assume. Tomorrow she has a follow-up appointment with her cardiologist in Macon. She will have a chest x-ray and I think they will be taking off her steri-strips that cover her incision. We do no expect any surprises with this appointment. With the x-ray, they will be checking for fluid buildup on her lungs. And personally, I am a little nervous about it. Emma Kate hasn't exhibited any symptoms of fluid building up, she's on three diuretics and is eating and drinking normally. After the x-ray tomorrow, I will feel more at peace.

I do thank God so much for being so good. He is good in the good times we celebrate and in the bad times when we weep. So many people have told us that God is good. And we KNOW that He is. We know that He is good regardless of our circumstances. We are so grateful that Emma Kate is doing so well. The sound of her playing (and sometimes fighting) with her siblings is music to my ears. Thank you for your continued prayers and love for our daughter. We are completely humbled by your graciousness to our family.

Tomorrow her appointment is at 10 and I plan to keep the blog updated with her progress.


I took this yesterday afternoon. Emma Kate was begging to ride her bike. I compromised and let her ride the tricycle, so it wouldn't be as hard to balance. She rode up and down the driveway a couple of times and then went inside. That was enough for her. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD