Friday, February 29, 2008

Hard Day

Today has been tough, I will not lie.

Well, lets start with last night. I was excited because one of my favorite TV shows comes on (American Idol.) I watched it and then it was Anna Brooke's bedtime. Lately she's been having trouble going to sleep. So I rocked her for a l-o-n-g time. I was tired, too. Plus I was looking forward to spending some time with my husband after a long day. Anyway, to make a long story short, I lost my patience and left the room upset with her screaming. Brooks ended up going in her room and putting her to sleep. I promptly went to my bed and fell asleep at 9:30! (Without washing my face or brushing my teeth, which I regretted this morning.)

So I woke up this morning feeling horrible. I was cranky because I let the sun go down on my anger. I hate to brake this command that God gave us. It is truly wise advice! I have learned my lesson because I know that the anger always returns in the morning. Well, it did. I was an unhappy camper all day. I tried to make things right and took Anna Brooke to Panera Bread for breakfast. She enjoyed it, and then we made our way to run a few errands. We got home and I let her watch a Dora episode and I felt like the morning was going well.

All of that changed when it was naptime. I try to warn my little girl at lunch time that after we finish eating it is time to go to sleep. Well, rewind to last night. Almost the exact same situation happened. Except I didn't have Brooks here to back me up. So I left the room upset and felt horrible for doing so. Anna Brooke threw up everywhere from crying and getting herself worked up. Of course, I didn't feel like cleaning it up (but I did). However, she hasn't slept at all. I am exhausted and I know she is, too!

Its about 4 pm right now. Brooks will be home soon. I can't wait because he is always there to help me out, even when he feels awful (he called from work and said he felt sick.) So sweet.

I know that this day may not sound that bad you, but keep in mind that my pregnancy hormones seem to be making things seem worse to me. Maybe I shouldn't blame it on that, but I truly think that is what this is. It helps to get things down and read about them. It sounds trivial. And I guess it really is. If anything, I have a better perspective on things. I am horrible about keeping a level head while "in the moment" of something. That is something I need to work on and pray about.

1 comments:

  1. Hey Bethany,
    I am so glad Lindsay told me about your pregnancy blog. I enjoyed reading it this morning. I can tell by reading it that you are a wonderful mom. Just know that when I check up on your blog that I will say a prayer for you and your family. I hope that you are having a great week.
    Your in my prayers, Ms. Terri or Mimi to John Ross.

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD