Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What A Day!

Yesterday I went for my 11 week checkup. Just a routine visit. My appointment was at 2. I did everything I could to find a babysitter for Anna Brooke. However, I'm guessing since it is the middle of the day most of the people I know that could babysit have jobs, they were all busy! The moms I know that do not have jobs were out of town, or I just didn't feel that Anna Brooke would do well staying with them. So, I had no choice but to bring her with me!

I was pretty nervous about that because being in a stroller for any length of time for an almost-2-year-old is a pretty big deal! Two o'clock is usually when she is asleep, so I had to adjust my entire day for this appointment. Around 10 yesterday morning I tried getting her tired by just holding and rocking her and watching TV. And to my surprise, it actually worked! However, she didn't actually fall asleep until 12! I let her sleep for an hour while I packed her a bag with toys, books and her "tablet" that she likes to write on with pens. (Not crayons). I thought that would be sufficient. At 1 I woke her up and we got in the car, got some cash, ran through the Chick-fil-a drive thru (since she slept straight through lunch) and on to the hospital.

We got to the doc's office around 1:50 and the waiting room was seriously packed!! We probably waited for about 30-45 minutes before we were called back. I was weighed and saw the nurse in her office, filled out paperwork, got blood drawn, waited for at least 1-2 hours more and then finally saw the doctor. The wait time was awful. I think we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar about 50 times! But all things considered, Anna Brooke was W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L! I seriously could not have asked for her to be better behaved!

I had been telling her the day before that we were going to see the doctor so we could hear the baby in mommy's tummy's heartbeat. When the nurse put the doppler device over my stomach and we heard that wonderfully sweet sound, Anna Brooke just piped up from her stroller and said very excitedly, "The baby's heartbeat!!!!" It was the best part of the day!

Today we celebrated her good behavior and bought her a toy at Wal-Mart. The Dora the Explorer Backpack. We haven't opened it yet, but I'm sure once we do, it will be a hit!

Anyway, I go back to see the doctor in 4 weeks and then again 3 weeks later for the BIG SONOGRAM! I'm so excited that in 7 weeks (on March 24) we will know the sex of our baby! I think it will make things a little more real to me. I haven't discussed this yet, but this pregnancy has not been as "overwhelming" as my first. I guess when I was pregnant with Anna Brooke, I thought about it 24/7. How different things are now! I mean, I love this baby and I think about him or her every day, of course, but I guess I just have more to focus on having a toddler on my hands. Anyway, I think knowing the sex of this little baby will help me realize how real this actually is! Right now I'm not showing, so it almost seems imaginary, if that makes sense.

Alright, time to take my Mommy break while I have my daughter asleep!

1 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Go Anna Brooke!!! Already such a great big sis:) About not being overwhelmed or "obsessed" with this pregnancy...be thankful that you are not being forced to focus on this pregnancy every minute (aka. throwing up three times a day!) I am so happy for yall. You are in my thoughts. Anna Brooke should get something in the mail soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD