Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And her name is...

Emma Kate!

It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be to name this child! The name has been at the back of my mind for years. This is my great-aunt's name. I love family names and I just love double names, too. (So, yes, we are going to be calling her by both!) Actually, I also found out that my great-grandmother and Brooks' great-grandmother were also named Emma. Isn't that neat!?

So, Emma Kate has been getting stronger by the day! I can feel her kicks more and more. I read yesterday that at this point in my pregnancy she should weigh around 1 pound. How exciting!

I have been seeing pairs of little girls everywhere and it just warms my heart. I am very excited about bringing another little girl into this world. I know Anna Brooke will be a wonderful big sister. We are telling her all the time about Emma Kate and I am not so sure she understands anything at this point. We would like to prepare her as much as possible, though. :)

I am feeling great! My energy level is really good and I am so proud that I am past the half-way point! Only 18 weeks to go, yay! I enjoy being pregnant, but I am very excited about her arrival. I am also beginning to realize that my time alone with Anna Brooke is going fast. The weeks are going to fly by, I know. I am taking every opportunity to spend quality time with her and let her know how much Mommy loves her. I am afraid she might get jealous when Emma Kate arrives and that would break my heart, but I am hopeful that she will be my little helper and just love on her baby sister! So, be praying about that. My next doctor visit is Tuesday and I get to have another ultrasound, yay! The technician said she couldn't get a great view of the 4 chambers of her heart last time, (obviously it is beating and everything is ok) but we are going to take a peek at her again just to get a good picture of her heart.

And I think we'll double-check to make sure that Emma Kate is 100% positively a girl! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD