Monday, April 28, 2008

Healed

With all of the wonderful sweet messages, emails, comments, and especially prayers coming our way for sweet Emma Kate, I thought I would share some lyrics to a song that has touched me recently. My mom recieved an email that reminded her that we should certainly be praying for healing for this little girl.
"By his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5
I believe with all my heart that the Lord will heal Emma Kate. Whether in or out of the womb is unseen by us. It is my job, as her mother to pray and to trust that God is going to take care of her and He will heal her. The lyrics are to a song called Healed by Nichole Nordeman.
We stutter and we stammer til You say us
A symphony of chaos til You play us
Phrases on the pages of unknown, til you read us into poetry and prose
We are kept and we are captive til You free us
Vaguely unimagined til You dream us
Aimlessly unguided til You lead us home.
And by Your voice we speak
By Your strength no longer weak, we are no longer weak
By Your wounds we are healed
By Your wounds we are healed
Passed over and passed by until You claim us
Orphaned and abandoned til You name us
Hidden and disclosed til You expose our hearts
And by Your death we live
It is by Your gift that we might give, that we might give
What kind of love would take Your shame and spill his blood for You?
And save us by His wounds...

2 comments:

  1. Bethany, I know it's probably been the longest week of your life. I want you to know that we are praying for you and are here for you. We love you so much. I couldn't have asked for a better wife for Brooks. Anna Brooke and Emma Kate are so lucky to have you as their mom.

    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, just wanted to let you know I'm praying for y'all today. Praying for a miracle for sure, and also for peace with whatever God's plan is for your sweet family.

    Love, Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD