Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Atlanta

After much thought and prayer, Brooks & I have decided that the best choice for our family is for us to go to Atlanta for Emma Kate's surgery. Not only that, but we are working out delivering her there, as well. I got a call from Dr. Colvin today who said he has been speaking with a fetal cardiologist in Atlanta. He has been so gracious to help us work out all the details. I am really thankful for him! I know we'll have an on-going relationship with him after Emma Kate is born, and I love that he is so caring and wonderful! Dr. Colvin said that sometime today I would be getting a call from the Children's Sibley Heart Center so they can work out a date for us to come to Atlanta and meet.

About 5 seconds after I hung up with Dr. Colvin I got a call from a lady named Betsy, who is truly an angel! She basically told me she is going to take care of all the details of getting us set up in Atlanta. Essentially, she is doing everything that I would have to do, except she knows the system there and works with Sibley. She is setting up a date for us in about 3 weeks to come over to ATL and meet the cardiologists, OB docs, and hopefully get a tour of the ICU, Ronald McDonald house and meet the surgeons. What would I do without her? I don't know, but I'd be lost trying to figure out who to call, etc! Praise God she is being such an advocate for our family! I've been doing some searching on Atlanta Children's Hospital and I love what I am reading about their cardiac team. Please pray for these surgeons, nurses, cardiologists, fellows and social workers, because they will be the ones saving our daughter's life.

I will keep posted updates of our visit and hopefully all the details as they unfold! God has been so good to us through all this, and I know He is working out the details exactly as they should be.

I have a prayer request that isn't related to us as a family. It is for our friends, Braden and Julie Reynolds. We met them over a year ago and have since become good friends. They have a daughter named Anabelle and she and Anna Brooke enjoy playing together. They are the most kind and sweet family. Julie just gave birth to their second daughter, Lila, at the beginning of June. Since her birth, they have been camped out in the hospital with Lila in NICU for an unknown problem. Apparently, the doctors aren't sure what to diagnose baby Lila with, because her symptoms don't fall into one set category. However, they cannot take her home yet and I know this makes for a lot of stress and hard times for the Reynolds. Here is a link to their blog. Please read it and be in prayer for them, for Lila and their doctors as well.

3 comments:

  1. Bethany,
    Praise God for the Betsy's of the world! I am ready to come up to Atlanta and watch Anna Brooke or bring her home with us, whichever is the easiest. I know you are so relieved, God is Wonderful. We are praying for Braden and Julie and little Lila.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, I love you so much! I hope you know how much I cherish our friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany, I am so thankful that you can have the baby in Atlanta. You are in my prayers and thoughts. By the way, I could not look at Anna Grace's blog can you please send me an invite. I enjoy seeing her pictures and how she is growing. Love in Christ, Terri Jeffcoat (John Ross's Mimi)

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD