Sunday, July 27, 2008

Four Weeks and Counting...

We are getting things packed up in the Keisler household. Slowly but surely. This weekend Brooks & I spent the good majority of our time putting our things in boxes. I have yet to touch Anna Brooke's room, though. I want to keep that as normal as we can until the last possible moment. For her sake. I just feel so bad for my sweet girl. She will be going through so much in the next month and a half. I hate that we have to add moving into the equation. But this is the best thing for us, I think. Next weekend is when we will have our new apartment and we will actually be moving. I can't wait to be done packing and get as settled as possible in our new (and thankfully bigger) place! I am glad we have already started the packing process and gotten a good chunk of it done, because honestly I am so exhausted! I can't believe that I only have 4 weeks until my due date!


This morning I got a message from Dr. Ramsey at MFM. We met with him last Thursday to discuss the possibility of delivering here in Bham and then having Emma Kate transported to Egleston once she is stabilized after birth. He ran it by Dr. Colvin, our cardiologist, who stated that delivering in Birmingham will carry similar risks to delivering in Atlanta. He said he didn't see any reason why we should not deliver here. What a relief!! I am very thankful that these doctors seem to agree that this will be the best decision for our family all around. I am just praying for little Emma Kate that she will be born as healthy as she possibly can.


Where have the last 36 weeks gone? I regret not really truly enjoying my pregnancy. I have felt so much stress; it has been hard to put all of my emotions and the reality of this situation on the back burner and just concentrate on having another precious daughter. I am going to try, as hard as it will be, to just focus on getting excited about Emma Kate's arrival. I guess it truly could be any day now. All in God's timing.


In case you're interested, I have put up a few new links about HLHS and the Norwood procedure in the left column. These have really helped me understand more in detail the surgery and what all it entails. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. We are truly thankful for everyone out there who is praying for us and for little Emma Kate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD