Friday, July 18, 2008

I had a MFM appointment yesterday and ultrasound. All is looking good with Emma Kate. She weighs exactly 5 pounds and is measuring 34 weeks. Right on target! Dr. Kimberlin said I was measuring a week or two smaller than I should, but it is not a problem since EK is measuring well. Good news!

Dr. Owen peformed the ultrasound. If you remember from waaay back, he was the doctor who diagnosed EK and who I was not especially pleased with. However, I have to say that he was truly wonderful this time. Just seemed really sweet and understanding. I think a lot of the reason I "didn't like him" last time was because I was so apprehensive about seeing someone like him in the first place. Plus, he was not my normal doctor, etc. My feelings have changed. I really wish now that this group of doctors could deliver EK.

Anyway, Dr. Owen stated that since we are planning on delivering in Atlanta, and this is my second pregnancy, he would like me to "move over" to Atlanta between 36 and 37 weeks at the latest just in case I go into labor. He would also like me to have the rest of my appointments with Dr. Howard at Peachtree Women's Clinic. Normally, this would not be a problem, because we've got options on where we can stay, etc. However, what makes this complicated is that on August 1st we are planning to move. Our lease where we live now ends right at my due date, so we have decided that moving earlier would be easier. And I guess it would be if we didn't have to go over to ATL so soon.

On August 1st I will be exactly 36 weeks and 5 days, putting me almost at 37 weeks. Please pray that I do not go into labor until after we have gone to Atlanta! I am hoping that Emma Kate will find her little home in my womb so comfy that I have to be induced at 40 weeks or so. Dr. Owen expressed that he does not want an induction scheduled prior to 39 weeks. Personally, I don't either. The problems will start when she is born. She is just fine right now. I will stay pregnant with her as long as necessary! And I truly mean that. As much as I want to meet Emma Kate, I know that she is doing fine right now and I want her to continue to get as big and healthy as she can so she can be stable for her surgery!

My prayer request is this: packing and moving go smoothly and as easily as possible, I do not go into labor until after we are in Atlanta, and all my appointments go well and that Emma Kate stays healthy!

Let me also say that yesterday I had a complete meltdown. All of this is so overwhelming. This has not been easy at all. None of it. I know from my blog it might sound like I am just taking it all in stride and going with the flow, but I am not. I am protesting every little thing in my mind. I am asking "why does it have to happen this way?" all the time. I have become really disappointed with myself. Blogging about it helps. Praying about it helps. But I stay stressed. I can't do that. For me, for big sis, for Brooks and especially for Emma Kate, I cannot keep stressing. And I guess that should be on my prayer request list, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed with love by BDD