Monday, August 11, 2008

Sorry it has been forever.

I figured it was about time for me to update since it has been 2 weeks since my last post! Things have been kind of crazy, as you can probably imagine. We've had more going on in the past two weeks than we have in quite awhile. And I don't expect things to slow down any time soon.

Mostly, it is all moving stuff that we've been doing. We have to be completely out of our old place by tomorrow. We hand in the keys, etc. We still have some stuff in the refrigerator. I'm guessing that tonight when we head over there, it will all be trash. Other than that, all of our boxes are unpacked as of this morning. We don't have anything hung on walls or anything decorative going on right now, but just about everything is in its place. That makes me feel better. I feel mostly settled.

Anna Brooke is still adjusting to the move, I think. Even though this apartment is pretty much identical to our old one, (just bigger) she is still having some trouble. For example, we've been here for a little over a week and she won't go into her new playroom without me or Brooks with her. Actually, this morning was the first time she went in her playroom alone. Yay! She's been following me around and not wanting to part with me at all for any reason. Its really sweet most of the time, and I have no problem with her wanting to help and just following me around in general. She was in the bathroom the other day putting on makeup with me. I love that girl.

However, there are times that I need to be alone for a couple of minutes or I need to step out of the room when she doesn't have to follow me. But she does. Poor kid. I feel so bad for her. We haven't really been outside to play for the past two weeks. Brooks has taken her to the pool a couple of times, but honestly, it is just so HOT outside. I cannot take the heat! So we've been playing with Play-doh a lot and reading books, watching movies, playing in her play kitchen and other fun things.

Okay, now about Emma Kate:
Last week I had my 37 week check-up. Everything went well, except I was measuring small. My uterus was measuring at 34 weeks. The nurse asked if my water had broken. Obviously not. So, I went for an ultrasound to check fluid levels. Amniotic fluid levels were good, within normal range. I also found out that EK is around 6 lbs 8 oz already! That is awesome! Her measurements are within normal range, too. So all is good. I am glad she is going to be a healthy-sized girl. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that everything is ok with EK. Love you beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been thinking about you guys & praying for you. so glad EK is growing into a healthy size for all her post-birth adventures. we love you!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD