Thursday, November 13, 2008

Done!

Today is my birthday and I got the best news! Our home care nurse weighed Emma Kate today and guess what? She weighs 10 lbs, 2 oz!!! That means she gained 3 oz since Monday and she's been doing more work eating over the past 48 hours than she ever has in her life! I am so thrilled! I called our pediatrician and gave him an update. He said he was fine with us keeping the tube out and as long as she continues to grow and we don't see and signs of her basically stressing herself we should continue to keep it out!
All day I was hoping for this and I am so thankful that we are finally at this point! It feels great to have a baby without a tube hanging out of her nose. It feels so... normal! I am sure that Emma Kate feels better, too. (Can you imagine having that thing in your nose and down your throat?) I am also glad that she has a chance to feel hungry and want to eat. She never really had a chance to feel that normal, healthy sensation of hunger until the past few days.
Emma Kate is doing so awesome and I'm so thankful that she's my little miracle child. The past several days I have been so in awe of her. I keep telling Brooks how I just can't believe she only has half of a heart! It really blows me away that she seems so normal and yet, she is doing so much more work than we are in our bodies. I am truly grateful that God has blessed us with this little being. I feel so blessed to be her mom. I can't wait to teach her all the things that a mommy is supposed to teach her child. I am so glad that I get to teach Anna Brooke how to love another person: little Emma Kate. I am so humbled that I get to teach them about Jesus and how God created both of them just the way that they are, for a specific purpose. I love my little angels! It has been a great birthday and I am so grateful for what I have in life.

5 comments:

  1. YAY Baby GIRL! Fantastic news and the best birthday present EVER!

    I'm glad you don't have to worry about this at least. Thinking of you all and praying daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! I'm so excited Emma Kate is finally off the NG tube, and I know she will continue to do well without it. After all - she's a Keisler, and if we Keisler's know one thing - it's how to eat!! :) Truly the best birthday gift a mommy can have. I hope to see you all soon, and can't wait until we can love on Emma Kate!
    love,
    kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the song you put on here...is this Watermark? Every time I hear them, I think of you and that "Glory Baby" song...I love their worship music!! Thank you for continuing to bring honor and glory to The King...that's what it's all about! He sure has done great things in your family, girl!!! I am so blessed reading about your real-life experiences!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, we continue to pray for ya'll!! I am so excited that so much has happened in the past few days/weeks...God's had ya'll on my heart here lately. He is so amazing. Ooooh, now Nichole Nordeman is on, I love this song too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Beautiful! God does provide. I am so glad that everything is going so good for Emma Kate. Hop you all have a blessed holiday system.... Love, Liz (Mimi)

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD