Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Am Thankful

Today right about now I was expecting to be updating my blog with how things were going with Emma Kate and her heart cath. We are not at the hospital, we ended up having to reschedule the heart cath for December 11 because little girlie got sick. She may have a stomach bug, we're not sure. Either way, she has been having really loose stools as well as throwing up a few times. On top of that, she has a low-grade fever going on. It got up to 100.5 yesterday, and has fluctuated up and down the past 24 hours. All seemed well for the first half of the day yesterday, but after the home care nurse left (of course!) she started acting really cranky and not herself at all. She wouldn't take much of her bottle and she's still not doing great on that. I am hoping that she just has some sort of 24 hour bug and she's better by tomorrow. Right now she is passed out cold in her car seat (her fave nap spot) and I am going to use my better judgement to leave her there and let her rest.

Things have been so incredibly stressful for us lately. Most of you know about Brooks' job loss back in August. For those of you who don't, we need your prayers more than anything right now! When Brooks was let go, it was a very tough time for us. We were moving and it was right before Emma Kate was born. We had a lot of stress going on and it hasn't stopped raining since. We've been trying so hard to make ends meet, they haven't completely, but we know tomorrow is a new day. We don't always know when and how we will be provided for but we are! And we are confident that God is going to keep on taking care of us and providing for us. We don't know when or how or through whom, but we know that He'll provide a job for Brooks.

Through our trials, the Lord is still blessing us daily, and showing us that He is in control. Emma Kate is doing so awesome, gaining weight (10lbs 5.5oz as of yesterday!!) and learning how to take a bottle so quickly. She hasn't had any complications and her cardiologist and pediatrician feel that she is doing awesome. Anna Brooke is such a joy to us and she's healthy and happy and doing great! We find so much joy every day in our children! We are so thankful for the blessing we have in them. We haven't gone hungry, not one single day! We have a place to sleep and play and eat and relax. We have cars that run (most of the time) and we have had a very understanding and loving support system in our families. I don't know what we would do without all of you! We love you guys more than you can imagine and are so thankful for all of the blessings God has given us through you!

With Thanksgiving coming up, I felt it was really necessary for me to remember what I am thankful for. I have to. Every day I know I could whine and whimper about what we don't have. And I do that sometimes. I am not strong, it is not me. It is Him. All Him. I could not do this without strength from the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. Praying hard for the Keisler Fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethanie, Brooks, and girls,
    Guys, I admire your faith and endurance. We know a little of what you are going through and we are grateful for your example. I know for sure that the Lord will see you through. I am so glad to have your friendship. We pray for you.
    - Braden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much! I nominated you for an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you and we could not be more proud of you. And as much as we love you, we know that God loves you more. We pray for you constantly as you face your day-to-day struggles and successes. We are thankful for you and for all the precious Keisler clan.
    love,
    nana and papa

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD