Friday, March 13, 2009

Heart Families to Pray For

Lately I have been thinking a lot about other heart families that are going through some trying times. Our blog friends, Alli (pictured at left) and her husband Kyle are expecting their first baby, Grant, any day now. Grant was diagnosed with HLHS a few months ago. Please pray for them, as they embark on a journey many of us know all too well. Pray that Alli's labor and delivery go smoothly and that Grant is a champ through it all! Pray for his surgeons, nurses, doctors, and other caretakers, too. I know that Alli must be going through some difficult emotions right now. I can totally empathize with her! Alli, please know that you are in my prayers. You can follow Grant's Journey here.



Another family that has been on my heart a lot is the Gledhill family. If you remember, I posted about their little girl, Gracie, who also had HLHS and received a heart transplant. The heart she received, however, did not work the way that the doctors had hoped, and she went to heaven on March 2nd. The story of sweet Gracie has been on my heart for quite some time now. I have never personally gotten an email or response from Michele, Gracie's mom, but I have been following their blog for the past six months and I've left a few comments here and there. I don't know whether they have visited here or not, but just in case, Michele, please know that you are in my daily prayers and I think about you and your Gracie often.

As you know, our heart friend, Charlotte had her Glenn yesterday. Thank you for praying for her. She is doing so great! She's already off the breathing machine and went to step-down today! That is so amazing! She is supergirl! Yay Charlotte!!

2 comments:

  1. oh bethany she is so sweet! my thoughts are with her and her family in their time of struggle.

    jenifriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany,

    You are a doll! Thanks for your sweet post and prayers! And now that i have read the above post, way to go EK! I am hoping that she can tolerate feeds more these days for your sake!

    Alli

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD