Friday, March 20, 2009

Seven Months Old, 4 Years Strong

Well, my sweet baby girl is seven months old (as of March 19th)! It doesn't seem possible that she is already this age, for several reasons. Mostly because it feels like the past two months we've been in the hospital and we have missed out on life so much.


It is good to be home with my little angel. She is loving it! She loves playing with her toys, sleeping in her own bed and actually wearing clothes. She is drinking from a bottle and doing great! We restart Similac MONDAY! (Woo hoo!) I can't wait to fatten that little waif up! She is only 11 pounds 12 ounces-so little! She is slightly behind in a couple of developmental areas right now, but I suspect that after being home for awhile and regaining her strength, she will catch right up to where she needs to be.


Emma Kate,
My sweet girl, I love you! I am so proud of the little person that God created you to be. Again and again you amaze me each day. The sweet spirit God has blessed you with is so incredible. All of the scars on your body remind me every day of how hard these past seven months have been on you. But you smile and laugh despite all you have been through. God has revealed so much to me through you and to me, you are living proof that He exists. There was a 1 in 10,000 chance we would have a baby like you, and I'm so thankful that we were that 1. You make me so happy. I can't wait for you to live life like any other baby would. This spring and summer are going to be so fun for you, I just know it. We are going to have fun, little one! Happy 7 month birthday!
Love, Mommy



Do they look alike?
The first one is of Anna Brooke at 7 months. The second is of Emma Kate. I keep saying how, except for the eyes, I think they look alike. But I had the HARDEST time finding a picture where I felt they looked alike. I don't know, what do you think?


Also on March 19th, Brooks and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. A LOT has happened in the past four years. I think that they have been the most happy, busy, amazing, trying and life-changing four years of my life. Brooks, I am so thankful for you and the wonderful husband that you are to me. You are an amazing father to our girls. I couldn't have chosen a better Daddy for them! Who knew that just weeks after celebrating our one year anniversary, we would have our precious Anna Brooke? And then just two years after she was born we would enter the most difficult, most scary, yet beautiful time in our lives? I am so proud to have emerged from this storm by your side. I love you!

7 comments:

  1. I told Mom tonight (after looking at the picture of EK in the swing at the park) how MUCH she and AB look alike! I think except for size, they are going to be IDENTICAL ... and they are both so beautiful. Happy 7m to EK ... 3y to AB ... and 4y to you and Brooks. We love you all SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look very much alike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a 1 in 10,000! Your letter was very sweet. The girls definately look alike. Like sisters. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Bethany, for the update. The girls look just alike to me...they are so beautiful and so are you and Brooks. I am so proud of you and thankful that the storm is past. God is so good and we are so blessed.
    love, nana and papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. your note to brooks made me cry :) i'm proud of you guys! AB & EK are lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Happy, happy 7 months to the most darling, happy, lovely baby girl ever! I am so happy ya'll got the right "1" too. She is perfect.

    And I def think the girls look alike! Always have and that pic confirms it!!

    And lastly, Happy Anniversary to you and Brooks! Ya'll have always made such a great couple and I am proud to know ya'll! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 7 Months Emma Kate! She's such a little doll! Very sweet tribute to your husband too, Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD