Saturday, March 7, 2009

Week One at Home

Thursday we went to see Dr. Law for Emma Kate's follow-up visit. Her x-ray was clear: NO FLUID has accumulated since her tube was taken out! Hurray! She has been ordered to stay on Portagen for another three weeks and then we will start Similac.
Things have started to get back to normal around here. Emma Kate is still sore sometimes, but for the most part, she doesn't seem to be in much pain. She is enjoying her toys, playing with her sister, watching herself in the mirror. She is getting her strength back, too. For a little more time every day we are putting her on her tummy and letting her sit in the Bumbo. She doesn't like to sit in it for long (I think it hurts her side still) but she is working up to where she used to be. Things are going great now and for the most part, EK is so happy all day. I think she knows that she is home.

8 comments:

  1. I am thrilled! We will continue to pray for you all, but know that God is watching over you, too! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love the picture! Glad EK is doing well, and I know both girls are thrilled to be back home and getting back into a routine. We're continuing to pray for EK now as she regains her strength and gets to enjoy normal baby things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that picture just makes me smile!! So glad ya'll are back and getting in the swing of normal life. And I am sure EK DEFINITELY knows she's home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie PhotographieMarch 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM

    Woohoo! That is fabulous news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma Kate,
    You look wonderful! I know how happy Maggie was to get home. It's such a good feeling. Yay for the good report! Soon, you'll get back to the yummy food and then you'll be even happier.
    Heart hugs,
    Faith and Maggie Jane (HRHS)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi bethany! i'm so happy to hear of emma kate's progress. is this her last surgery? i am adding one of her buttons to my blog; love you all!!

    jenifriend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I am so happy for yall! Emma Kate, you look beautiful! I am so glad that yall are all home together! I love yall and thinking of ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to read this - she is a doll!! VERY glad about no fluid...woo hooo!!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD