Monday, March 16, 2009

She Loves Her Big Sister

Since we have been home, Emma Kate has not taken her eyes off of her big sister! It has been the sweetest thing. It is almost like she is saying, "I missed you so much, Anna Brooke!" And Anna Brooke has been such a big helper with her. I think she missed her Emma Katie, too.


So far, life has been pretty normal around here. As far as recovery goes, Emma Kate doesn't seem to be in pain at all, really. I am even picking her up underneath her arms sometimes. Her incisions are healing quite nicely and I'm sure they will fade more as time goes on. Right now I am concentrating on getting EK to play on her tummy more. I think once she gets stronger she will be able to sit up on her own and eventually start crawling. Another thing we are working on is baby food. She was given the go-ahead to start rice cereal back when she turned 4 months. We tried off and on each week, but she never really seemed interested, so I didn't push it. So far, since we've been home, she has tried sweet potatoes, applesauce and today we tried peaches for the first time. She seemed to like those the most! Next Monday we get to start her back on regular formula. I am in hopes that she will start to fatten up then. She is not even twelve pounds and she will be seven months old on Thursday! My tiny girl.

9 comments:

  1. Marie PhotographieMarch 17, 2009 at 1:18 AM

    I am so glad things are getting back to normal for you guys and that EK is healing up so well. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture! They are so sweet! How fun it will be to watch their bond as they grow up together! I am so glad that EK is healing. I know sooner than later she will be crawling and then running around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable picture! Your girls are absolutely beautiful and so sweet...isn't the bond that siblings have amazing?!? And when you add into that equation what the "little one" has been through, the older kids instinctively know how special their baby truly is. My boys are the same way with Maddie, they dote on her and adore her. It does a mommy's heart good!!! I'm so glad to see that Emma Kate is doing well :) Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is priceless! Glad ya'll are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! things are back to normal and sounds like EK is doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet little EK. She's so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet pictures! I love the new header picture. Emma Kate just looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a true southern baby, loving those peaches! We'll fatten her up, just give us time!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD